I am new to perl . I need to write a perl script to generate an audit
report of a root directory and all subsequent sub-directories and
files under it, the report should be able to
1.  list any directories/files changes in size and content, addition,
deletion of any of them.
2.  It could be run for different location passing parameters.

the live example is:
we have all our pkgs installed on unix machine in some location ..
Here for eg., in /tmp if someone attempts to Insert/Update/Delete any
file(s) in any of the pkg/directory from this location we should get
an alert audit report.

Please help.