Amit Saxena wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Rajnikant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> From: Jeff Peng [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> Search and use a module from CPAN, that will make things fast. like:
>>> http://search.cpan.org/~kane/Archive-Tar-1.38/lib/Archive/Tar.pm<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ekane/Archive-Tar-1.38/lib/Archive/Tar.pm
>>
>> Thanks for replying Jeff.
>> But can we use Zlib for same?
>
> Just couple of things regarding your email format etc :-
>
> 1. It's suggested not to use official email if in the mailing list (I prefer
> it the same way).
>
> 2. Even if you use it, make sure that the email which you send does not have
> copyright statements
>     etc as it adds to the mail space.
>
> This thing was brought to notice by one member in the IPSec mailing list.
>
> I don't want to create a controversy over here though.
>
> I would like to know other people's opinion over here.
>
> Also in case this needs to be raised in a seperate mailing list, let me
> know. I will do that.

Many people post to this list from work and that is generally acceptable. The
important rules are that responses should be bottom-posted (otherwise threads
longer than two or three posts become unintelligible) and irrelevant text, such
as salutations and signatures, is removed from quoted text to make the response
as concise and readable as possible. Much like this post in fact :)

HTH,

Rob