Hi,

Thanks for reply, but still the error is same. Following is script.

#! /usr/bin/perl

# Perl script to take the backup of critical clearcase data

@vob_lst=system("/usr/atria/bin/cleartool lsvob -s");

foreach $a (@vob_lst)
{
 lockvob($a);
}

 sub lockvob()
{
 local ($lockitem) = @_;
 print "Locking VOB:\t$lockitem\n";
 `/usr/atria/bin/cleartool lock vob:$lockitem`;
 if($?){print "Locking of VOB $lockitem failed\n";}
 else{print "Locking of VOB $lockitem done\n";

Please please help.

Regards
Irfan.

# Perl script to take the backup of critical clearcase data

@vob_lst=(qw(test test1 test2));

foreach $a (@vob_lst) {

 lockvob($a);

}

 sub lockvob {

            local ( $lockitem ) = @_ ;

 print "Locking VOB:\t$lockitem \n";

 #`/usr/atria/bin/cleartool lock:$a`;

 #if($?){print "Locking of VOB $lock failed\n";}

 #else{print "Locking of VOB $lock done\n";

 #}

}

Stewart Anderson

Application Support Analyst