On Jul 15, 11:36 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mimi Cafe) wrote:
> remote_user() or user_name() should give you the name of the user if you are
> using CGI.pm.
>
> Mimi
>
> On 15/07/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > program or
> > to any

> > > You need to explain how your program is run. If you execute this command
> > line
>
> > >   perl -e "print $ENV{USERNAME}"
>
> > > then your username will be printed. What were you doing to get it to
> > print
> > > 'SYSTEM'? And how will your users run it?
>
> > > Rob- Hide quoted text -

> > Hi Rob,
> > Let me explain again, I'm hosting my perl CGI script at microsoft IIS
> > server. So how can I tell what user (Windows user name) called my Perl
> > CGI program?
>
> > Please advice.
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > --
> >http://learn.perl.org/- Hide quoted text -

Hi Mimi,

Below is the code I try in my apache server at windows XP, but it
return null for both remote_user() or user_name().

#!C:\Perl\bin\perl
use CGI;
my $query = new CGI;
my $userName= $query->user_name();
my $remoteUser = $query->remote_user();
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<h2>User Name</h2> $userName\n";
print "<h2>Remote User</h2> $remoteUser\n";

Leo.