Roi wrote:

> I am trying to make an exe file from a perl script file. I am using
> ActiveState Perl 5.8.6 (Build 811) on Windows.
> This is the lcommand that i am running and the error msg:
>
> pp -o sp.exe spdisplaye.pl
> Perl lib version (v5.8.6) doesn't match executable version (v5.8.8) at
> C:/Perl/
> ib/Config.pm line 32.
> Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 25.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line
> 25.
> Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/site/lib/Compress/Zlib.pm
> line 15.
> Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/site/lib/Archive/Zip.pm line
> 11.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/Archive/Zip.pm
> line 11.
> Compilation failed in require at -e line 406.
> C:\Perl\Bin/pp: Failed to extract a parl from
> 'PAR::StrippedPARL::Static' to fi
> e 'parlHk8jbV7.exe' at C:/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 1149,
> <DATA> line 1.
>

> i am using PAR 0.976
>
> i will be happy to find solution for thi problem as i am trying to
> solve it for more then 10 hours..

It looks as though you have ActivePerl 5.8.8 partially installed, as your
library files are more recent than the perl build itself. Either that or you
have two installations of perl and the wrong one is found in PATH. You need to
sort out what you have on your machine. It may be as simple as downloading an
installation package for v5.8.8 and installing it properly.

Rob