From: "Gorrebeeck, Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  bash-3.2$ perl -mXML::Parser -e 'print "$XML::Parser::VERSION"'
>
> Can't load
> '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/sun4-solaris/auto/XML/Parser/Expat
> /Expat.so' for module XML::Parser::Expat: ld.so.1: perl: fatal:
> libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

If the Expat.so is there then either it was compiled for a different
version of Perl, OS or hardware or it can't find the expat library. I
believe you need to have libexpat.so (not sure about the extension)
somewhere where perl can find it. Unless it was staticaly linked into
the Expat.so which I don't think is the case.

HTH, Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery