Richard Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:

[Full quote deleted. Please quote only the relevant parts of
the mail you're replying to. Thank you!]

> but I am interested in grepping out the pcap file so I cannot
> simply just do grep

Please use some common sense. You can't use Net::Pcap on host X
to parse a file on host Y without transferring the file from host
Y to X in some way.

Please have a look at the PAR tools to find out how to bundle
a Perl interpreter and all the required libs with your program,
so that you are not dependant on the Perl installation on the
target systems.

HTH,
Thomas