On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 3:12 AM, David Allender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been trying multiple different ways, but I am still unable to
> have the output that i am looking for.
>
> What I'm trying to do is change certain text in an html file.  How
> would i go about doing that successfully?
>
> what i know is that
> you call open such as open(HTML, /path);
> and from there use the s/// operator, but I really cant get anything
> to change in my files.
>
> the string I would like to search for would be something like
> "value=src1" (without quotes) and i would want to replace it with
> something like "/home/user/test/" (without quotes)
>
> Any help is appreciated.  Thanks
>
> -David
>

> --
> http://learn.perl.org/

Hi

Try this code fragment (have not run it though) :-

#/usr/bin/perl

use warnings;
use strict;

open (HTMLFILE, "</tmp/test.html") or die 'Can't open HTML FILE
/tmp/test.html : $!\n\n";
open (HTMLFILE1, ">/tmp/test1.html") or die 'Can't create HTML FILE
/tmp/test1.html : $!\n\n";

my $str;
while (chomp($str = <HTMLFILE>))
{
        $str =~ s/value=src/\/home\/usr\/test\//g;

        print HTMLFILE1 "$str\n";
}

close (HTMLFILE1);
close (HTMLFILE);