yitzle wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Dermot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to make hash that refers to itself like this
>>
>> my %_HASH;
>> %_HASH = (
>>   typeOne => {
>>         root => '/path/to/typeOne',
>>         logfile => $_HASH{typeOne}->{root}.'/logone.log';
>>  },
>>   typeTwo => {
>>        root => '/path/to/typeTwo',
>>        logfile => $_HASH{typeTwo}->{root}.'/logtwo.log';
>>  }
>> );
>>

>> But nothing is initialised at this point so $_HASH{typeOne}->{root} is
>> an uninitialized value when creating and logfile key.
>>
>> Is there a way around this?
>
> Not the way you are doing it. This would work, though:
>
> my %_HASH;
> %_HASH = (
>     typeOne => {
>         root => '/path/to/typeOne',
>         logfile => $_HASH{typeOne}->{root}.'/logone.log';
>    },
>     typeTwo => {
>        root => '/path/to/typeTwo',
>        logfile => $_HASH{typeTwo}->{root}.'/logtwo.log';
>    }
> );

- You are a frequent enough poster to know that bottom-posting is the preferred
  style on this group

- What you have posted is identical to the code that the OP said didn't work

- Your code won't even compile as it has semicolons where there should be
  commas, so you cannot possibly have tested it

Rob