On Sep 5, 5:49 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Frazzmata) wrote:
> I have a machine in my office without internet access.

That doesn't mean you can't use ppm to install perl modules.
It just means you have to get the ppm packages onto this machine so
that you can do a local ppm install. The ppm packages can be
downloaded from (for perl 5.8)
http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/
. There's also comparable 5.6 and 5.10 ppm package repositories, but I
don't have a ready-made link for those.

And, as you've acknowledged, you could alternatively grab the source
from CPAN and build with nmake and VC++ ... or you could build with
the freely available dmake, and the freely available MinGW port of
gcc.

If you're a *nix kind of guy you could, as already suggested, use
Cygwin - which provides a more *nix-type environment (and which *does*
mean that you can't use ppm). But that would mainly be to provide an
environment with which you're familiar. You'll get pretty good mileage
from the "native" Win32 environment as well, if you want to pursue
that path.

Windows just offers so many alternatives :-)

Cheers,
Rob