On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Mr. Shawn H. Corey
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 07:12 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Re:An the solution is.... (Score:3, Interesting)
>> Re:An the solution is.... (Score:5, Informative)
>> Re:Its a pity that... (Score:4, Informative)
>> Re:Quick Fix (Score:4, Informative)
>> Re:Quick Fix (Score:4, Insightful)
>> ~
>>  I am matching with the pattern:
>> ~
>> ^Re:[^()]+\s
>> ~
>>  All this pattern basically says (to my understanding) is "match
>> everything that starts with 'Re:' and has some characters righ after".
>> However I am not able to include the suffix looking like "\.\.\. \
>> (Score:[1-5], \w\)$" to that pattern
>
> Capture what you're matching and print it so that you know it does what
> you think it does:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
>
> while( <DATA> ){
>  if( /^(Re:[^()]+\s)/ ){
>    my $matched = $1;
>    print "matched : '$matched'\n";
>  }
> }
>
> __DATA__
> Re:An the solution is.... (Score:3, Interesting)
> Re:An the solution is.... (Score:5, Informative)
> Re:Its a pity that... (Score:4, Informative)
> Re:Quick Fix (Score:4, Informative)
> Re:Quick Fix (Score:4, Insightful)
~
 well, I doing testing. My actual problem is, as I explained in my
initial post, is that I am doing a way to coarse matching that may
wildly grab many false positives
~
 What I want to do now is refine my regexs to be more precise and I
have tried lots of things, but non seems to be working. This i swhat I
need help with
~
 Thanks
 lbrtchx