On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 18:37 +0100, Nigel Peck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm missing something here with regards http redirects.
>
> I'm trying to have my script redirect to itself through the browser so that
> the URL changes in the browser.
>
> When I send the headers myself:
>
>       print 'Location: ' . $_[0] . "\n";
>       print 'Connection: close' . "\n\n";
>
> The redirect works but the web address does not change in the browser. When I
> use:

# Get the computer to tell you what's happening

>       use CGI.pm;
>
>       my $q = new CGI;

print $q->header, $q->start_html, $q->p( 'CGI.pm redirect:' ), $q->start_pre;

>       print $q->redirect(
>               -location => $_[0],
>               -status => 301,
>       );

print $q->end_pre, $q->end_html;

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

"Where there's duct tape, there's hope."
        Cross Time Cafe

"Perl is the duct tape of the Internet."
        Hassan Schroeder, Sun's first webmaster