Hi all,

I  am  looking to find a way to generate  an  excel sheet with charts
on   a *nix flavour (its MAC OSX  Actually).

I  used  Spreadsheet:::WriteExcel   quite happily to gen a sheet and
fill   it with the data I want.  However the  chart facility has a
slight drawback in that you need to  build the chart and extend the
series to allow for room to cover the   largest number of  data  items
you want to chart.

The  items I want to chart range from a series   length of  1000
ranging to 7000.  So  I would need to allow >7000   for the   reporting
period that  has lots of data.

This means that the  chart  is either  squashed up  or could miss data
items from the chart altogether.

Unfortunately  Spreadsheet::WriteExcel  does not support named ranges  -
yet,  and the chart series will not take a formula to redirect the
reference to a range.

Has anyone   done  anything like this before?

Ta

Stu

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged,
confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed
may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit,
use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to
monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.
SKY and the SKY marks are trade marks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and
are used under licence. British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No.
2906991), Sky Interactive Limited (Registration No. 3554332), Sky-In-Home
Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited
(Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky
Broadcasting Group plc (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies
mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the
same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.