I am in the middle of moving from Solaris to Linux environment. On the
current Solaris box, I use Net::FTP for all the work that needs to be done. On
Linux, the ftp is not available, due to security concerns. The Linux
environment had Perl at 5.8.0 and so I got the okay to bring down AS Linux for
5.8.8. That is has been loaded and I have loaded a few other modules that I use
in the Solaris area. I was lookng at installing Net::SFTP, but it is failing as
follows:

Failed during this command:
 ILYAZ/modules/Math-Pari-2.010800.tar.gz      : writemakefile NO
'/opt/ActivePerl-5.8/bin/perl-static Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=site' returned
status 2304
 TURNSTEP/Net-SSH-Perl-1.32.tar.gz            : make_test NO one dependency not
OK (Math::Pari)
 DBROBINS/Net-SFTP-0.10.tar.gz                : make_test NO

        Did as quick look on web and found some related info on 2304. So tried
installing the Math::Pari, but won't complete and fails with the status 2304.

        If one needs to do the secure copy from machines, what is the best path
to pursue( at this point, there are no libssh2 libraries that I can find, but
probably could get them)? Prefer a Perl solution verses wrapping other
commands, but I am following the lead of my backup who has more knowledge in
this area ( and may not be alot, but does have more).

        Any thoughts or ideas on how to advance, would be greatly appreciated.

         Thanks.

Wags ;)
David R. Wagner
Senior Programmer Analyst