Hello,

Week two noob here.

I am writing a script to download encrypted files using ftp then after
they're downloaded decrypt them. I can't seem to get the GPG decrypt
module to work though. The script does work when I use "system" to
call another script using gpg directly. Here is the script. I would
like to use straight perl instead of using system. Any suggestions.
Also, I am new so any suggestions on proper coding would be helpful.
Thx.  P.S. I realize gpgdecrypt could be done in bash without making
use of system again. That's easy.

[ftpDecrypt]

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

use Net::FTP;
my $server_name = "ftp.server.com";
my $user_name = "useraccount";
my $pass_word = "password";
my $secret = "gpgSecret";

my $ftp = Net::FTP->new($server_name, Debug => 0)
      or die "Cannot connect to some.host.name: $@";

$ftp->login($user_name, $pass_word)
      or die "Cannot login ", $ftp->message;

my @directory = $ftp->ls();
        foreach my $dir (@directory){
                if ($dir =~ (/*.gpg/)){
                $ftp->get("$dir") or die "get failed ", $ftp->message;
                system "/dir/to/gpgdecrypt < $dir";
                print "$dir\n";
$ftp->quit;

[gpgdecrypt]

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

chomp($today = `date +%Y%m%d`);
system 'gpg --batch --passphrase-fd 3 --decrypt $1 3</dir/passph --
status-fd 1 --output decryptedFile' . "$today";
! $? or warn "failed to decrypt\n";