When trying to install the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module on WindowsXP, and
using 'ppm' from ActiveState, I get thrown into a GUI that seems to be checking
what modules I already have on my system or can be installed on my system
(Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module is not one of them that is available to be
installed ??). That is to say, through this tool I can not install the
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module.
The CPAN.pm method to install the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module just plainly
'times out' from what I would guess is a firewall issue.  And when I download
the .tar.gz file for Spreadsheet::WriteExcel and try to unzip I get an error.

Please advise as to how I can install the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module on
WindowsXP.
Thanks in advance.