From: "Dennis G. Wicks" <dgwi...@gmail.com>> Greetings;
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use Mail::Builder::Simple;
my $mail = Mail::Builder::Simple->new;

# Send the email with an SMTP server:
  $mail->send(
     mail_client => {
         mailer => 'SMTP',
         mailer_args => [
             Host => 'smtpout.secureserver.net',
             username => 't...@mgssub.com',
             password => 'mypasswd',
             ],
         },
    from => 't...@mgssub.com',
      to => 'dgwi...@gmail.com',
    subject => 'The subject with UTF-8 chars',
    plaintext => "Hello,\n\nHow are you?\n",
    );
It doesn't look like I am sending any mail. I get no error messages when I run this from my personal (not root) login.

I use Thunderbird as my mail program and it can send mail both ways between those two addresses.

Lacking any problems with the code, does anybody have any ideas about what may be stopping this from working?

Many TIA!
Dennis

The code looks fine. There could be the following problems:
- If you have the SMTP server locally, it doesn't require authentication, or
- The username should not be t...@mgssub.com but only tfrg, or
- The server requires SSL encryption (like Gmail's SMTP server), or
- the message is sent by it reaches in the SPAM folder.

Make sure you have the latest version of the module, although I don't know this is importint for the current issue.

Octavian