Jerald Sheets wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2009, at 7:38 AM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>> Jerald Sheets wrote:
>>>
>>> In your code you can specify the directory location of the pm:
>>> use lib '/path/to/pm';
>>
>> That makes no sense. It would cause Perl to look for
>>
>>    /path/to/pm/XML/Handler/YAWriter.pm
>>
>> and the module would not be found.
>>

> Note that I took that example from a functioning program I have in the
> CNN environment.
>
> You say it doesn't work, I have six million viewers who say it does.
>

> enjoy.
>

> --j

(Please bottom-post your responses to this list, so that extended threads remain
comprehensible. Thank you.)

Then I suggest that perhaps the 'use' statement in your functioning program had
no double-colons in the module name. This is from perldoc -f require, which is
what 'use' employs to load the module:

>             If [the module] is a bareword, the require assumes a ".pm"
> extension and
>             replaces "::" with "/" in the filename for you, to make it easy
>             to load standard modules.

So

  use XML::Handler::YAWriter;

would make 'require' search for a file 'XML/Handler/YAWriter.pm' in any of the
directories in @INC. Even if @INC included '/path/to/pm', a file
'/path/to/pm/YAWriter.pm' would not be found: instead it would have to exist as
'/path/to/pm/XML/Handler/YAWriter.pm'.

Rob