On Wednesday 20 April 2005 10:18, Kaushik Ghose wrote:
> Stock firefox has supported unicode since the fist version I
> downloaded (0.9) and shows bangla pages with OTF just fine.

One should not make such global statements about software that have
different rendering backends on different OS's. I'm sure your statement
is correct for the particular version of the particular OS you were
running at the time, but it is uninformative unless you tell us what
that was (I'm guessing some form of Windows).