I started writing a Bangla text around August '05 with OOo 1.9 that was
compiled by Sayamindu Dasgupta with some supports from OOO 2, that let me
write Bangla very nicely together with the marvelous equation writing system
in OOo 2. This was a big help because this text was on Marx's value algebra
in Bangla.

Then, around start of October i installed OOo 2 that was then available on
Net. Now, when i am continuing to write this text, some problems are there.
Like, many words with 'ba' (ব), say, 'kabja' (কব্জা), 'jabda' (জব্দ),
'abdi' (অব্দি), 'shabda' (শব্দ) have become mangled. They were not like that
when i wrote it. So, this is a problem that came with the version 2, or maybe
the changed version of 'ben'.

Another problem is that some headings of the tables have changed formatting in
the PDF file while they are quite OK in the *.odt format. Even when saved as
*.sxw the problem is not there.

How can i solve it. If any of you want this file i can send you. But it is
pretty big already, with around 30 pages of A4 text in Solaiman Lipi and lots
of equations and matrices and all: the ODT file 737 KB till today morning.

And is anyone there, with whom i can communicate about Bangla DTP in OOo? This
is very important in the sense that all the small DTP commercial units work
with pirated MS things, and suffer a lot from the usual MS hassles, and
obviously the biggest threat being the virus. If we can create Linux + OOo
alternative for them, it will be a good thing to do. Only one big problem is
there, how to get two consecutive pages on one A4 physical page laid out in
landscape, like Adobe Pagemaker can do. If this can be done, and saved as
PDF, the problem will be solved.
--
dipankar das