On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

> Hi Taneem,
>
> Good to see you writing in again.

I just wish the topic was different.

> I read through the attachment and would request you to elaborate a bit
> more on the following:
>
> o However, people should be allowed to join only the parent organization

I would like to believe there are people who won't be comfortable joining
either child organization, and just want to work on Bangla.

> o All polices, projects, goals, decisions of Ankur Foundation will be
> made by the Ankur Foundation board members.

I understand we are working with free software and everything should be
open. I expect that there will be open discussions about anything and
everything, but you must agree that at the end someone needs to make the
decision. I am sure that happens now as well, but with out making it
formal it may cause situations no one wants.

I just hope we pick board members who will honestly try to work together,
otherwise....

> o All current and future localization projects will be under Ankur
> Foundation

This proposal was made a while ago, and back then it was my expectation
that we can keep the localization projects under the parent org. However,
now I accept the fact that that is not going to happen. If most members
agree then we can remove this line, I just wanted to see how everyone
feels about this.

> o Beside localization projects any other type of project initiated by
> either child organization will be considered the child organization's
> own project and will be run by it

Well this was meant to give freedom to both child org to go ahead and do
projects that may deal with local issues, or projects with local
universities or any other organization.

> > I have one request to everyone - don't take this proposal the wrong way.
> > It is not meant to divide the group, but an attempt to organize the group
> > to reduce tension and make sure our energy is spent productively.
>
> :)

I wish I had a smile too :(

Taneem