On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 15:23 +0530, Runa B wrote:
> I guess I had proposed this..mostly for the ra-japhala issue as
> mentioned by sayam.
>
> [~] =>  ZWNJ
> [ `] =>  ZWJ
>
> I'd still go with this. The ZWJ is currently on "shift+=" (or +) and
> it'll be easier to write, if it doesn't need a shift key.

Can you please put here a few instances of application of ZWNJ and ZWJ,
before going into a final decision, or some link where it is given? I
think, the exact significance of these two is not very clear to me. I
was more exultant with the thought when Jamil Ahmed suggested it with
the possibility that with these two displaced to those two keys, our
works will be easier, as 'dash' and 'underscore' will be available in
their keyboard positions. But, it did not occur to ponder on the
specific positions of these two: that is which combination is better,
'~' for ZWNJ and '`' for ZWJ, or the other way round. With some concrete
instances I think it would be easier for the list to decide on the final
combination.

[Endnote: I am so stupid that after this mail of yours I discovered that
JA and SDG were speaking about two different things: please don't
divulge it to others. :>) ]