Hi,

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 10:15 AM, mak <mahayalamk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Abu Zaher <zahe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is one issue that needs to be addressed. My mentor asked me if I
>> could create a new group for this project so that we all can discuss the
>> crucial matters about Bengali translation openly. This also includes the
>> people from CRBLP. I was however, wondering if this could be done by
>> inviting my mentor Francis Tyres and Kevin Donnelly to our Ankur core
>> mailing list. Is it possible? Also note that we might need to be able to
>> talk with people from CRBLP(Brac University), so we might need to invite
>> them too (Dr Mumit Khan Sir and his associates). Would it be possible?
>> My personal note is creating a new group is very cumbersome while we have
>> such an active group with prominet members from Ankur already subscribed.
>
> it's a delicate issues. Mumit Khan and his accomplice (not associates) are
> pro-M$. I don't want any of them to be subscribed in Ankur Core. Rather we
> can have a separate mailing list from Ankur likewise our various l10n
> projects on redhat/Gnome/KDE etc.

Personally, I don't have any problem with having the discussions on your
project in Ankur-core list. However, as MAK said, other members may have
their own opinion. I am forwarding your request to core mailing list.

BTW, if you want, I will be happy to host the discussion in Anubadok's
mailing list. I can invite the people whom you want to join the list.

For Ankurian:  Abu Zaher is an accepted candidate for Google summer of
Code [1] for porting Anubadok system to Apertium project [2], another
open-source MT project which has several other language pairs.

Cheers,
Golam

[1]  http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/apertium
[2]  http://www.apertium.org/