Ok, gang, here is a good opportunity for some spirited and lively
discussion...  I have just been slammed recently with PPO's looking for
berner puppies. Many, after we talk, decide a berner is not for them,
mostly due to size, shedding and the challenges of having berners in our
hot Southern climate.  Inevitably, they ask me to recommend another
breed. They want a smaller, less-shedding, climate-tolerant dog with a
"berner" temperament (sweet, laid-back, great with kids, friendly,
outgoing), not hyper, no special exercise requirements, etc.  Most don't
want Labs or Goldens because they are too common and too hyper.  Any
suggestions on other breeds I could recommend?

Mary Shaver and the girls, Laurel and Bailey (us, too big, too sheddy,
too drooly??)
Fayetteville, GA