I read someones posting that dogs can't get salmonella, well here in France
they test  sick dogs for that routinely, suggesting that they do. Also my
puppy is still recovering from a bout of E.Coli and another bacteria
(clostrodium perfringens) with were classified as a bacterial infection. She
almost died, but is luckily making good progress towards recovery. They
tested for everything - parvo and campy included. E.Coli has killed many
kids in Europe, so I am very grateful our baby is such a fighter, though she
still has a fight to go. I don't know what would give dogs salmonella, but
they can get it, as well as E.Coli.