My 8 month old male has started a terrible habit of digging!  We just
completed landscaping and I think the lawn is irresistible after being
watered.  Maybe the fertilizer smell?  I've read in my puppy books that
dogs tend to start digging between 8-11 months, so he's right on track.
He's started to dig in other areas of the yard as well.  And the worst
part is he digs even when we're outside with him and he knows he'll get
trouble.  I don't know if this is just a phase or if he'll eventually,
hopefully, grow out of it.  I'm thinking of making him his own digging
spot but the lawn is his favorite spot.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cindy