The owner of the dogs for sale is Howard Moore, who may or may not be
some relation to David Moore.

We have not identified who bred the 2 females he has up for sale.

The two new females he purchased, he could not remember the name of the
"breeder," but he obtained them from Aiken, SC, and the only berner
seller I know of in that location is Jackie McCarthy, unless someone new
has moved in.

The breeder of the Canadian male this guy owns is anybody's guess.  This
guy couldn't be bothered to look up the pedigree info on the two girls
for sale, much less tell me anything about the male.

Unless someone wants to go to this guys house and get a look at the
pedigree information on the berners he has, I don't think phone calls
will get us any more info than what we have now.  My guess is, just like
responsible breeders deal with other responsible breeders, guys like
this have their own little network of BYB and exploiters that they buy
from and sell to, and they are out of the loop from the folks we know.
That's not to say that breeders don't need to be constantly on the
vigil, especially in their dealings with PPO's they don't know.

The only "good" news out there, and I am being extremely cautious in my
optimism, is that the other crews of BYB in South Carolina are evidently
having some difficulty selling their puppies.  One still has 2 out of
original litter of 4, they are six months old and price has come down
from $1500 to $900.  One still has 3 out of litter of 5, they are now 4
1/2 months old.  Don't know about any price changes on them. I am trying
to follow them wherever they advertise and throw in counter ads.