In a message dated 11/12/2002 6:51:48 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Being a person who wants a "performance" dog and loves to do activities
with that dog whether it be drafting, Tracking or Obedience  I would like my
"ideal" breeder to offer some kind of refund and offer another pup down the
road. >>

And being another person who prefers doing activities with my dog(s), I don't
take chances by getting an 8 or 10 week old pup.  By waiting and looking for
a young adult or older puppy (or even older adult) that needs rehoming or
rescue, I can get a dog with known status for joints, heart, etc. at the age
I secure it. I am prepared to adjust our activities to the dog's capabilities
if need be.  If I want to do Agility or drafting, I don't adopt a dog with
grade 3 or 4 hips or elbows.  However, even the dog with moderate physical
challenges can still do obedience and tracking provided it isn't limping.

Anne C., long time proponent and practioner of adopting the somewhat older
animal

Anne Copeland, Flash,TDI/CGC (Berner, 8 yrs.) & Gypsy TDI/CGC(Rescue
Cavalier,1 3/4 yr.)
NE ILL       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BMDCSEW Vice President
Ty's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/workingyorkie/ty.html