In a message dated 11/14/2002 10:36:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> A recent post indicated that one might consider it radical to not breed
even
>  one dog that had the trembling syndrome.
>  To me, this makes perfect sense and my congratulations to the British for
>  their bravery and progressiveness.
>  Why would a process such as this, which saves countless pups from
suffering,
>  not be applauded.

I wasn't the author of that post but my interpretation of the phrase was
"radical" in terms of extensive or complete, such as "radical
mastectomy"...not radical in terms of a value judgement like 'over the top'.
I used the phrase "the British cut hard and deep into the breeding pool..."
to mean the same thing.

And yes, I do applaud the people involved for making hard decisions in favor
of the future of the breed.  It's thanks to their efforts (and sacrifice!)
that we can answer a query like Valerie's with 'good news' and not bad.

-Sherri Venditti