Forwarded for Ann Milligan (not a List member), please help if you can, she writes
some great stuff! I'm looking forward to this one!
Please respond directly to Ann at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pat
----------------------

Hi,

I'm looking for digital BMD pictures.

What I am interested in are pictures representing the variety of
physical traits  commonly seen in the breed.

If you have a digital picture that exemplifies of any of the following traits please
kindly send me the photo for use in a document I'm designing to both explain and
celebrate our breed's  diversity.

Here are the pics I would like. If you have a digital picture of a BMD who has any of
these features please send it to Ann Milligan at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

1. A BMD male or female exemplifying overall excellence in breed type
(mature 3 years of age+)
2. A BMD with a straight shoulder
3. A BMD with extreme rear angulation
4. A BMD with a beautiful face including  correct ear size and
placement, a strong muzzle, well shaped and set eye, a broad backskull and correct
markings
5. A BMD with a narrow backskull
6. A BMD with a round eye
7. A BMD with a light eye
8. A BMD with a low ear set/large ears
9. A BMD with a long back
10. A BMD with a short back
11. A BMD with long legs
12. A BMD with short legs
13. A BMD with a gay tail
14. A BMD with a deep capacious chest
15. A  BMD with a narrow body
16. A BMD with fine bone
17. A BMD with heavy bone
18. A BMD with a straight long coat
19. A BMD with a curly coat (adult or pup)
20. A BMD with loose eyes (ectropion)
21. A BMD with loose flews
22. A BMD with a long back and short legs
23. A BMD with a short back and long legs
24. A BMD with a Collie type head
25. A BMD with a St. Bernard type head
26. A BMD with a Rottweiler type head
27. A BMD with a short neck
28. A BMD with a long neck
29. A BMD a short tail
30. A BMD with a long tail
32. An BMD as an adolescent
33. A BMD as an 8 week old puppy
34. A BMD senior 9+ years of age
35. A BMD with a wide front
36. A BMD with a narrow front
38. A BMD with a narrow rear as viewed from the rear
39. A BMD with a correct rear as viewed from the rear
40. A BMD with close hocks as viewed from the rear
41.  A BMD out at the elbows
42. A BMD with a dip behind the withers
43. A BMD with a rear quarters higher than the withers
44. A BMD with withers higher than hips
45. A BMD with a fiddle front
46. A BMD with weak pasterns
47. A BMD with knuckled over front legs
48. A BMD with cow hocks
49. A BMD with well set under elbows (prominent forechest and posternum)
50. A BMD with  tuck up of the underline

There is no perfect BMD, but every Bernese Mountain Dog I have ever met has had traits
to admire and a few that could be better if we lived in an ideal world. I would like
everybody either already in our breed or people coming into the breed as breeders or
pet owners to have a better understanding of BMD traits.

Thanks so much for sending any pictures which will help me to compose a comprehensive
document for educational purposes.

Ann Milligan

Check any e-mail over the Web for free at MailBreeze (http://www.mailbreeze.com)