When Moses' leg was amputated due to osteosarcoma last Wednesday, I gave him the chance and the opportunity, which he so richly deserves and desires, to live beyond January 1, 2003; if there is any guarantee in this regard, chemotherapy will help to provide it because osteosarcoma tumors are known to generously "share" their cells with the rest of the body.
Moses loves and embraces life, every minute of each day; if his spirit could be bottled and sold, war would cease and there would be no more sadness on Earth. Here is the true champion for nothing better defines such a designation than Moses' very heart and essence. Moses is meeting and greeting "his" public as if all is as usual and you know, for him, it is, because it is human, not canine, to attach great emotional dignificance to the loss of an appendage. He has mastered not only the "Why aren't you waiting on me?" expression but the "Poor me, I need a hug!" look as well whenever we meet a friend or stranger and to Moses, all strangers are friends yet to be made. Late today we stopped at a local small specialty market to buy Moses' favorite deli items and I thought that I recognized the lady at the counter, placing her order, with her child in tow. Indeed, it was Moses' aquapuncture veterinarian's associate and, as we chatted about Moses, I realized that mere words could not convey my pride in him. She introduced me to her son as Moses' Mom, a designation which greatly honors me, and, my mind "frantically" grabbing for a word that the youngsters use, I explained to her son that the word "trooper" and Moses' nature are truly synonymous.
Lisa Allen
Blessed with Moses since 1994!