Just in case you hadn't seen them yet:
http://www.overthefence.com/raffle/CHF/

So how important is research that could help us avoid Malignant Histiocytosis? I'm so
very glad you asked!

Based on the BMDCA 2000 Health Survey, we can expect almost one out of every 6 of our
Berners to die of malignant histiocytosis. That's right, one out of every 6. I don't
know what the statistics from other countries might be, but the research will help
them as well.

How do we fight back? First, we can support the research with blood donations from
affected dogs. It's hard to ask for participation when someone has just learned on the
diagnosis, but many people appreciate being able to do this. I know I would have
relished the opportunity when Hannibal was diagnosed.

Second, we can support research that will help us provide genetic information for
breeding decisions, information that might help prevent or treat the disease.
Donations to this CHF grant are tax deductible. And funds are partially matched by the
CHF which help stretch our research dollars.

Me? I'm going to continue to get information to anyone who asks for it. My article on
malignant histiocytosis is posted on the BMDCA website, under announcements, not
health. Ask Hugh. <g>

And I also hope to win one of the paintings that Willem did, he's helping to make this
an International effort, which I always enjoy seeing! This disease doesn't have
geographic boundries, and neither will the research efforts.

Pat Long, in loving memory of Hannibal 7/29/88 - 5/23/93
Berwyn PA
Check any e-mail over the Web for free at MailBreeze (http://www.mailbreeze.com)