Thank you, everyone, for your serious and humorous responses to my
questions.  I want everyone to know, especially Rose, that I asked my
questions publicly as I was convinced I was not the only person wanting to
know about these "delicate" issues.  I could have just asked Rose privately,
but I was hoping she'd rise to the occasion, not berate me too much, and
share her extensive knowledge and experience with many of us, instead of
just me.  I have learned so much from this list, and I hoped by my asking
about THIS particular issue, it would encourage others to speak up when they
have questions, no matter how embarrassed or foolish they may feel about the
subject matter.

>From this particular discussion, I have learned:  I'm not a pervert, and
Major is a perfectly normal growing intact boy.  This is just a natural
function, and I can handle it (no pun intended!) with more grace, humor, and
understanding -- I won't just "stick him outside," but will walk him around
and make sure he gets everything tucked back up normally.  And that if I
plan on having an active stud dog as part of my family, there will be things
I'm going to have to learn to do to help my boy, and to get the job done.

Maybe my "lessons" will be helpful to people considering having an intact
male as part of their family -- while they were things I had not thought to
ask about beforehand, and I have NOT changed my mind, they would have been
good to know BEFORE acquiring a show-potential (intact) boy.

So thanks, everyone -- this has been both fun and educational.  And Rose, I
guess I'm in for some more eye-opening sex education lessons, huh?  What
more could there be????!!!!

Vicky Whitney
Bozeman, Montana