Forwarded in plain text for Jude:

Hi Guys,

I saw a news story by Ananova today, extracts printed below;

Jude Simonds
Coliburn Bernese, UK

"Vaccinated dogs and cats from the US and Canada are to be allowed into the UK without
first having to go into six months quarantine.

"The change in the rules begins on December 11.

"But until an approved route from North America is available and official
certification agreed, animals will have to go into short stay quarantine, usually only
for two to three days, while microchips and paperwork are checked.

"Animal Health Minister Elliot Morley said that since the Pets Travel Scheme was
introduced in February last year, more than 75,000 dogs and cats from Europe and
rabies-free islands have used the scheme to enter the UK without having to go into
quarantine.

"We have carried out several scientific assessments of the risk of importing rabies if
the Pet Travel Scheme was extended to USA and Canada.

"These assessments concluded that the risk of importing rabies into the UK by
extending the Pet Travel Scheme to the USA and Canada was low."

Check any e-mail over the Web for free at MailBreeze (http://www.mailbreeze.com)