I was so relieved when I heard the following that I was speechless and began to tremble slightly...
finally, a piece of good news regarding Moses' bone cancer, a light in the darkness that is this disease...
I had the opportunity to communicate with one of Moses' doctors who helped us this summer, before Moses' was diagnosed with bone cancer.
This gentleman is a veterinarian, a PhD, a professor, and a highly regarded pathologist in central USA.
I e-mailed him the pathology report regarding Moses' amputated leg and, God bless him, he contacted me and said,
"There is no cancer in the lymph node. The lymph node has been draining a region of hemorrhage, probably secondary to the neoplasia. This is what they do and considering the situation is normal. No osteosarcoma in the lymph node is a good sign as it means the neoplasia was caught early. Osteosarcomas metastasize or spread predominantly through blood vessels and not the lymphatics. Involvement of lymph nodes and lymphatics with osteosarcoma is only seen late in well developed disease. Therefore, you got it early, which is great!! Your veterinarians will most likely routinely monitor for metastasis by taking X-rays of the chest (lungs) or perhaps ultrasound of the chest and abdomen (rather than paying a whole lot of attention to the lymph nodes)."
Lisa Allen