posted in plain text for Cathie:

I just received a very sad phone call from my dear friend, Laura Peschke of Cleveland,
Ohio.  Laura has been the proud keeper of my first born pup, Wingfield's American Pi
aka "Pi".  Pi was due to come into this world on the 4th of July, hence the name.
(Although he decided not to come out until July 8th by C-section--singleton pup!)

It is with the saddest of hearts that I must say he was assisted to the Bridge this
morning after a week-long illness.  Actually the illness must have been going on much
longer than this, but as we all know how stoic our beloved breed is, Pi just started
showing symptoms a week ago.  He no longer had it in him to try to 'fight' any longer.
 He was unable to move today and went into repiratory distress.  He went to join his
Mother, Wingfield's Barakah v Sunnybrook, who passed away just last November, 2001 due
to Lyme's Nephritis.  They were a wonderful pair!

The diagnosis for Pi was hemophagocytic histiocytosis.  I need to go do some research
now...thru the tears.  I think although Laura is not a member of the 'l', if anyone
feels they could share some comforting thoughts with her, she would truly appreciate
it.  Anyone who has had any experience with this dreaded cancer could gladly contact
me and help me in my search for information.  My email is [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (This
very sad news comes two days after the birth of Wingfield's "C" litter, and lessens
that joy.)
Laura's email is   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hug those furkins!
Thank you,