Hi Carol,
I would not induce vomiting to retreive a bone only for soft articles. I
would feed her as normal and watch for a bowel movement. If you have any
suspicion that she is in trouble then go to your vet for an xray. Dogs have
a short gut and their food goes through quicker than ours!
 et al:
As Christmas approaches and many new people have entered the world of
dogownership I would like to caution against letting puppy lick a greasy
turkey or goose plate or worse still the pan. Many dogs enter emergency
over Christmas with pancreatitis caused by the sudden ingestion of too much
fat and this can be life threatening. Chocolate is a no-no as it causes the
heart to race wildly and again can be life threatening. Peanuts etc will
guarantee constipation and stinky gas, and macademia nuts are poisonous to
dogs. Watch the tinsel and ribbons and keep well out of reach.

Rose Tierney