What terrific news, Ruth, that our lobby efforts are paying off. It shows how important it is to have Dr. Melcher working for the BMDCA. Stopping the shipment of underage puppies is a HUGE step and we need to help raise money to continue his work against the abuse of dogs. Grerat job!!! Without the information that BARC has already gathered by their efforts against the puppy mills, Dr. Melcher would not be able to make such great headway. Partnering together, these two organizations can work wonders, but they both need money to do that!

As Ruth Nielsen mentioned, our efforts through the BARC LOC Fundraiser will help to make a big difference. With Christmas so close I'm not expecting a lot of checks over the next week, but during the holidays, please keep in mind that if you have any spare money, you can put it to good use by sending it to me for the fundraiser. Here are the totals that I've received so far:

BARC = $ 655.00
LOC = $ 664.00

We have raised $ 1,319 for BARC and LOC so far with our Challenge Fundraiser and it's amazing that their numbers are only $9 apart!!

BIG THANKS to all of the people who donated items (98 of them) for the BARC LOC Challenge Fundraiser ~ BIG THANKS to those people who have already sent in money for the BARC LOC Challenge Fundraiser ~
BIG THANKS to those of you who send in money for the BARC LOC Challenge Fundraiser ~
BIG THANKS to Karen Pickel for making our great website: http://www.overthefence.com/raffle/BARC/

Together we can make a difference in the lives of all puppies. Christmas is a time for love and familiy - Berners are members of our families - show your love to all Berners by supporting BARC and LOC!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Joye Neff and Winston (Samantha and Ben)
Mt. Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA