please unsubscribe me from the bernese mountain dog mailing list
thank you, shari roberts
 Bernese Mountain Dog Mailing List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
BERNER-L Digest 4190

Topics covered in this issue include:

1) Correct addy for Christman Greeting
by "Alan & Susan Kowitz"
2) Alpental's Jungfrau Ziege Parentage
by Tracy Lawrence
3) Success on the Lobby Efforts
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
4) Re: skijorning
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
5) a good dream
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
6) BARC LOC Money Raised to Date.....
by "Dr. William B. Neff"
7) BARC/LOC Challenge
by "Patricia Tackett"

8) Raffle Queen of the Berner World
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
9) Re: still looking.........
by "terri thompson-brady"
10) Re: Ski-jorring
by Hugh Hayes
11) attn: Karen Thoubboron
by Karen Connors
12) So Long Sweet Puppies
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
13) shedding
by Terry & Cathy Bering
14) Re: BERNER-L digest 4189
by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
15) Re: BARC/LOC Challenge
by "Dr. William B. Neff"
16) Re: BARC/LOC Challenge
by Liz Caldwell
17) What Do I See???
by "Eileen Morgan"
To: "Berner-l"
Subject: Correct addy for Christman Greeting
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:19:54 -0800

Someone's probably posted the good link by now, but I'm behind on digests so
here it is anyway:

http://xmas.emedia.co.uk/xmascard/

Susan Kowitz
From: Tracy Lawrence
Subject: Alpental's Jungfrau Ziege Parentage
To: berner-l

I am wondering the fate of Ziege's parents Autmhof's Sweet Pepper and Diesel's Turbo
Bowzer and Ziege's littermates; Garibaldi Siegfried, Annapurna Eiger and Slesse. Ziege
recently died of histiocytosis at the age of 8.5. Her brother Rosco died two years ago
(nearly to the day) of the same disease. If any one knows the fate of these Berners
please let me know. I've lost touch with Ziege's breeder. Thanks all
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:12:22 EST
Subject: Success on the Lobby Efforts
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I just want everyone to know that all the hard work and fundraising for the
BMDCA lobby effort is really paying off - the latest news is that thanks to
our lobbyist Dr. Melcher's efforts, Animal Care, the federal agency in charge
of animal shipments, will now be inspecting shipments of puppies on FOREIGN
AIRLINES!! In the past, Animal Care has only inspected US airlines - so any
puppies shipped from overseas on a foreign airline would escape any
regulation. Because of Dr. Melcher's efforts on our behalf, Animal Care is
now sending out notice to the foreign carriers that they will be subject to
inspection and will be expected to comply with US Federal Regulations on
shipping animals - and that means no puppies shipped under 8 weeks of age!
This is a HUGE step for the federal agency and a big recognition of the
Berner lobby efforts. Earlier this year Animal Care increased their efforts
in inspecting airline shipments of puppies thanks again to Dr. Melcher's
efforts.
I wish I could be more eloquent in describing what a
big victory this is - but think of all the puppies at auctions that were
underage, and there was nothing being done! NOW something is being done -
and anything to make it harder for the puppy mills to keep abusing animals
is a BIG VICTORY in my book! Thanks for all your efforts, and please share
the good news.
If you are thinking of donating to the Current BARC- LOC raffle being
conducted by Joye Neff, remember that your donations to LOC will help fund
our lobby efforts. We are making a difference!
Happy Holidays! - Ruth Nielsen, BMDCA Legislative Affairs
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 06:06:02 EST
Subject: Re: skijorning
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'd like some info on this sport as well. My dad loves to x-country ski, and
now that Jackson and Sallie have their harnesses, he's looking at them in a
whole new way!!! (He's always loved them, but now they can have play dates!)
So if you could cros post to me, I'd appreciate it!

kendra, Jackson and Sallie
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 06:10:01 EST
Subject: a good dream
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Last night I had the greatest dream. Part of it at least. I was at my folks
house for Christmas, and everything was kind of awful, but I looked out the
door to see how my pups were doing, and there were three of them!! There was
Jackson and Sallie, who are 2 and 1 year old respectively, and there was this
little ball of fur rolling all over them. And they loved him. Oh, it was so
cute. I don't know if in the dream I had gotten him for Christmas, or if I
had had him for a while- but wouldn't that be the best Christmas ever? Wish
I could go back to sleep!

Kendra, Jackson, and Sallie
From: "Dr. William B. Neff"
Subject: BARC LOC Money Raised to Date.....
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What terrific news, Ruth, that our lobby efforts are paying off. It shows
how important it is to have Dr. Melcher working for the BMDCA. Stopping
the shipment of underage puppies is a HUGE step and we need to help raise
money to continue his work against the abuse of dogs. Grerat job!!!
Without the information that BARC has already gathered by their efforts
against the puppy mills, Dr. Melcher would not be able to make such great
headway. Partnering together, these two organizations can work wonders,
but they both need money to do that!

As Ruth Nielsen mentioned, our efforts through the BARC LOC Fundraiser will
help to make a big difference. With Christmas so close I'm not expecting
a lot of checks over the next week, but during the holidays, please keep in
mind that if you have any spare money, you can put it to good use by
sending it to me for the fundraiser. Here are the totals that I've
received so far:

BARC = $ 655.00
LOC = $ 664.00

We have raised $ 1,319 for BARC and LOC so far with our Challenge
Fundraiser and it's amazing that their numbers are only $9 apart!!

BIG THANKS to all of the people who donated items (98 of them) for the BARC
LOC Challenge Fundraiser ~ BIG THANKS to those people who have already sent
in money for the BARC LOC Challenge Fundraiser ~
BIG THANKS to those of you who send in money for the BARC LOC Challenge
Fundraiser ~
BIG THANKS to Karen Pickel for making our great website:
http://www.overthefence.com/raffle/BARC/

Together we can make a difference in the lives of all puppies. Christmas
is a time for love and familiy - Berners are members of our families - show
your love to all Berners by supporting BARC and LOC!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Joye Neff and Winston (Samantha and Ben)
Mt. Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA
From: "Patricia Tackett"

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: BARC/LOC Challenge

Joye,

I'm going to be putting a check in the mail in memory of my 3 Berners I have lost over
the years -- Dixie, Ace & Rosie -- I want the $30 to go towards LOC efforts. I can't
think of a better way to honor their memory and can only hope our continued lobbying
effort helps future BMD's. What great news Ruth N. shared with us, it is only a start
of course but what a start! I just hope others will step up to the challenge giving
money for dogs of past - present - future whomever they want honor.

Pat Tackett
Texas

Loving memory for:
Dixie 1986-1993
Ace 1993-2001
Rosie 1991-2002
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 08:35:25 EST
Subject: Raffle Queen of the Berner World
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Joye,
Thanks for reminding us of this great raffle. What an amazing selection of
Berner treasures! My check is filled out and will be in the mail 1st thing
Mon am. Gosh I just cant decide between 2 such wonderful and needy causes, so
you can split my money 50/50 between the two. Thanks for all your hard work
organising this latest, Oh Great Raffle Queen!! :-)

Vilma Briggs (Kistner)
Mt. Gilead, OH
U-UD Mocha Java Slurp, UDX, HIC, TT
Ch. Brighteye Expresso Bean, UD, NDD, TT
U-CDX Our Little Buddy, UD, NA, TT
Thirdtym's A Charm CGC
and Ted
To: "Bernese Mountain Dog Mailing List"