Happy holidays everyone.  I was persuing the pet section of my local Pennysaver paper
and found an ad for an 8 week old female Bernese Mountain Dog puppy.  The ad was
placed by a pet shop in Danbury Ct.  I called pretending to be a potential customer.
I was told that the puppy was perfectly marked, 9 weeks old and in perfect health.  I
asked about the parents and was told they belonged to one of their "special breeders."
When I inquired about certifications for hips and eyes, the owner of the shop told me
that the breeders would never breed their dogs if they were not perfectly healthy so
certifications were unnecessary.  The price? $2900!!! They wanted nearly 3 thousand
dollars for a puppy out of parents that were not checked or certified.  I'm sure some
unwitting person will see that beautiful face and pay that outrageous sum.  What an
outrage!  I wish there was something I could do.  If anyone has any ideas, please let
me know.
Betsy Rich
Mother of Gus, Scooter and a mess of Maine Coon Cats