Vesta and Maggie got into a fight (over a potato chip), and Maggie bent
Vesta back at a very bad angle. Vesta screamed, came up seriously and
severely lame. She was 9 years old at the time. The vet's exam
determined that it was a partially torn cruciate. I kept her on severely
restricted activity for 4 weeks, and she was as right as rain for her
remaining 2 years, never another problem or limp - and she ran and
jumped like a puppy throughout those 2 years.

Was it actually a cruciate tear? I don't know.

Pat Long (& Luther)
Berwyn PA