In a message dated 1/2/2003 11:56:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The surgeon who gave me the diagnosis told me that she was not a candidate
> for surgery but that she should have glucosamine/chondroitin
supplementation
> for the rest of her life,

Hi Anne,

There are a bazillion glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate products out there,
with both veterinary and human labelling.  Not all the products are created
equal...
Independent lab tests have repeatedly shown than many (most) of the G/CS
products didn't actually contain the level of active ingredients they were
labelled as.  Not much good to save money up front but end up paying for a
placebo.

So, I think the first question is which supplement are you going to use?  The
veterinary products with the strongest research behind them and credibility
for having in the jar what's on the label, are Cosequin DS by Nutramax and
GlycoFlex-II and GlycoFlex-III made by Vetri-Science Laboratories.  You'll
find extensive websites for both companies and dosing guidelines for
treatment and maintainance based on weight.

Both are theoretically sold sold through vets but I know Cosequin is widely
available online and would guess the same might be true for Glyco-Flex.

-Sherri Venditti