Saw your question: Experience from using Metacam?
Our earlier bernerboy Haendel (died in February 1999) got Metacam and
probably it was that medicin which made everthing worse for him, I will
never get the answer.

He had pain in his back and the vet we saw at the dog hospital said it was
because of his age, he should soon be 10. He got Metacam and it made him
feel better for some weeks, than he got much worse. He did not like to walk
at all, think his stomach felt bad from Metacm too.

We had very bad days to decide what to do - let him stay in pain or let him
walk over the rainbow bridge.

His very last walk we made around the block were we live, a veterinarian had
her clinic here at that time.

We should have went away from the clinic (we had seen this vet for
vaccination earlier). The first she said was: "Oh is he so big, wonder if I
can manage this!"
I think she made everything wrong. When our Haendel layed there dead she
started to discuss how bad Metacam is, we should have used Rimadyl instead.
She started to read in her book about all the bad side-effects from Metacam.

So our experience from Metacam is not so good. All kind of medication has
side-effects.

I read someone said Etogesic is a good "painkiller", were can I read more
about Etogesic?

Margareta Strand
Stockholm