I have talked to several breeders about berner heats, and I have heard many answers.

My berner girl comes into heat every 4 months. Is this normal? Is this something I
should be worried about? She is 2 and a half years old.

She hates crates, but last night she went in hers and started digging at the bottom of
it. I know this is nesting behavior, but is this how they act when they are ready to
be bred? Or is this something that happens all through her heat?

My other berner never digs at the bottom of the crate in the living room, so I was
wondering if anyone can compare their berners to this behavior.

                        Eager learner,

                                 Dee.