I would like some opinions as to why breeders offer *Pet Quality* and *Show
Quality* puppies with a difference in price?  Are you saying that the PQ is
damaged goods?  I hope not.  A SQ is worth more $$? Why?  Is it because the
puppy/adult berner can be shown and possibly become breeding stock?  How
many of your puppy buyers actually show their (SQ) dogs, either themselves
or you as breeder or hire a handler?  Don't most buyers just want a
sound/healthy dog?  Most of you breeders have   experience in evaluating the
structure and quality of your puppies, but isn't it only an educated guess?
Then what if that SQ puppy turns out to be a PQ?  Seems to me like a
mountain of disappointment for an owner is possible.  Does is make more
sense to have a single purchase price for all?  Either can pull a cart, get
an obedience title, etc., etc., or just be a loving addition to a family.  I
am trying to understand the logic in SQ vs. PQ pricing.

Pat Bishop
Berners Elmo, Vanna & Rusty (Golden)
California