In a message dated 1/18/2003 6:16:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, Sweattees writes:
 Does
> anyone live in an area with this policy?  Does anyone have a resource for
> statistics of injury to dogs or even humans/cars/property hit by dogs that
> were projected from a truck during an accident?  Does anyone have any
> documented or personal stories they want to share, for ammunition?  Any
> suggestions for the best way to make this happen?  If we can make this happen
> for the County, then I will be off to the State!  Thanks a
> ton for the help,

This is a law in several States -- certainly in Massachusetts for starters. The Mass
Federation of Dog Clubs and Responsible Dog Owners could probably provide you a
template and other salient info.

One of the most 'innocently' frightening things one can do to their animal (or
*child!!!*) is to leave them unsecured in the back of a pick-up. The results can be
unimaginable if you haven't seen them for yourself. *TRUST ME!*

Good luck!

All my hopes,

Vicky and the Horde (w/ the neato *enclosed* van) =P~
Seleya