My Devyn, English Cocker Spaniel, sucks himself to sleep every night.  It's
the whole bedtime routine -- outside for potty, snack for the cats, biscuits
for the dogs, and then he bugs me until I give him his suckie toy.  He's not
fussy about what toy it is, whatever one doesn't have a hole in it, but does
really love a long-haired toy.  He then runs to my bed, stretches full out
(back legs straight out behind him), cradles the toy between his little
paws, closes his eyes and starts to suck.  Big gulping noises and all!  He's
done this since day one. The current toy is do-nut shaped and I got the most
adorable picture the other day of him -- he'd fallen asleep with the toy on
his front leg, looking for all the world like a big blue fuzzie bracelet --
he's just too darned cute for his own good, no wonder he's soooooo spoiled!

I often wonder if it was because I had have his breeder wean the litter
totally at 4 weeks old as his Mom had a nasty infected sore and I had to put
her on some heavy duty antibiotics that I didn't want the pups exposed to.

Devyn's nearly 18 mos. old now, and still sucks his stuffed toys at every
opportunity (he's restricted to bedtime though, as big friend Rowyn is a
stuffie terminator!).

sue(Aeryn with Devyn & Rowyn)