Dear Wendy,

Know we are keeping you and Miss Kitty in our thoughts and prayers.

>I need to know about your experiences with lymphosarcoma.  Jean, I read
your Sammy's story and thank you.

It is the most heartbreaking time to find your loved one suddenly diagnosed
with this awful disease! I was in total shock but somewhere went into
Automatic Mode and proceeded to gather as much information and help as I
could.

First, step back a pace and take heart! Lymphoma is one of the better
cancers (hmm, how sadly I write that!) and can be treated. Sam had the worst
possible kind, T-Cell 3. He was given a few short weeks to live, even with
treatment. He went on to live another glorious six months where you wouldn't
have known he was sick.

Chemo on the COP system gave instant relief, within a few days of the first
treatment the lymph nodes shrank and he had been struggling to breathe, his
cancer hit so fast. Then we had problems with lack of appetite and vomiting.
Thanks to the research and help from friends here on the Berner-L, this was
quickly resolved.

Had him on the cancer diet from the start, high protein/high fat/low carb!
Sam wolfed down raw steaks, salmon, tuna and those sardines! Days he had the
chemo treatments all he wanted was sardines, rich in Omega 3, will never
forget the day I posted the List and he had eaten twelve tins and they
stayed down!

> It seems at this point we have 3 options:
> 1. Paliative care (ie steriods and pain management)
> 2.  Chemotherapy
> 3. Atlernative care of which I know little, but some
> sort of augmentation of her cells that are
> reintroduced to fight the cancer cells.

I went for overkill and did all three! And Sam had those glorious extra
months of real quality time.

Praying for you that Miss Kitty has a lesser form of lymphosarcoma, she
could have a lot more happy time to come. I moderate EndlessLove Group on
Yahoo for owners with pets with cancer and Pyr. Clondike lived to thirteen
plus and died of old age! Find her story here on my In Loving Memory page:
http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/longlease/memories14.htm

Biggest hugs to you,

All love,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang