I just re-read Pat's email to the Berner-L wherein she writes:
****************************
"Vilma,

you're just jealous because October is such a beautiful month. If you had a
specially marked Berner, you might have had a month in that calendar. It's
such fun to have a celebration of the Specially Marked Berners, the red
coats, the blue eyes, all the special differences that make them all such
fun.

Pat Long (& Luther who wanted to be in it too, but he's a little TOO
special)
Berwyn PA"

Now Pat dear, I think YOUR email may constitute a brag since your wonderful
Vesta is the October girl.  I wondered about it and then the lovely Lynne
Hawkinson emailed me and we wondered together...  We think you owe the brag
fund.  Really.  Trust us.
heh, heh,
Maria