In regards to my posting this morning about the lump I found on Mocha:

I just got back from the vet. He found a oozy, crusty wound that was less than an inch away from the lump I had felt. So he thinks that the lump I found is just an irritated lymph node, that will get better when the wound heals. We walk in the woods a lot so I'm sure she was probably poked with a stick or something.

I missed the wound because I didn't make Mocha lie down this morning so I could do a more thorough search when I found the other lump - she has hip dysplasia and I always seem to make her scream when I try to manipulate her legs to make her lie down. Since I had looked at this lump and saw that it clearly wasn't a wound I panicked and called the vet. But I'm glad I did, because even if I had seen the scrape this morning I would have wondered why this other lump was there.

So hopefully that's it. If the vet's explanation doesn't make sense to anyone please let me know! But since I get swollen glands in my throat from other infections I thought it made sense. He also said it was too small to aspirate (only 2-3 mm across and he didn't think it was very deep)

Anyway, thanks for those who e-mailed me and please let me know if the lymph node explanation doesn't seem reasonable!

Thanks!
Linda & Mocha & Latte
Blacksburg VA